Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Enjoying Every Moment of Summer

Forward: I first want to apologize for not updating my blog for a long time.

Over this Summer I have been able to spend one of my days off from work, Mondays, to go visit Tahsha and her family. Yesterday and the Previous Monday I have been having great fun in the enjoyment of summer weather. Over the last couple months it has been raining a lot, more than average here in Utah. Thus, delaying perfect summer weather, sun and very warm temperatures.

Last Monday, I took Tahsha on a special date. The week before last Monday, I went to Downata, Hot Springs, (where Tahsha works) to visit Tahsha and play with her younger siblings. After that day, I happen to forget my Cardinals Baseball Cap at the hot springs. Instead of Tahsha telling me she will give it to me when I return the following Monday, she gave me a challenge I would have to accomplish in order to retrieve my hat back. The challenge was to take her on a wonderful evening date. Plus this date had to be something we haven't down before. I greatly excepted the challenge, for one, I would want to have my Cardinals Hat back, and most importantly, I loved the idea of trying something new.

As the week went by, there was a few ideas that circled around in my head, but never got to a final decision. Later in the week, I was texting Tahsha, as I usually do as I check on here during work, she asked me if I wanted any help on ideas. I was happily willing to receive her ideas. Of the ideas she gave me, I came to a final decision. When that Monday arrived, I got up that day, latter in the afternoon, and after finishing Nana's Daily tasks, I left to Malad. I arrived at her parents house, and her younger siblings were very exited to see me, thinking I was taking them swimming to the hot springs again. I then told them I was actually taking Tahsha out on a date, just for us two. They were disappointed, but got over it. After I got Tahsha in the car, I told her my plan and we began the date. I took her to a little lake, call the twin lakes, which is located exactly east of Malad, over the mountains, near a small town named Clifton.

I previously viewed the directions to the lake on google maps before I left that day. On a side note, I am generally good when it comes to visualizing and remembering directions when I see it on a map. As we got to Clifton, I knew the lake was just east of Clifton. As I was driving through the town I was looking for a sign that might lead us to the road that will lead us to the lake. Well, we ended up going several miles past Clifton, and I was constantly looking east, trying to find the lake, but was unsuccessful. I eventually realized it was very possible I passed the road to the lake. We than made a U-turn, and headed back to Clifton.

Once we got to Clifton, I noticed some body of water to the east. Speaking out, I knew there had to be a road to that body of water. We eventually found a road, which we happen to miss the first run through. Once on that road, and making our way to the lake, we happen to miss another road to the lake. When I visualized the direction to the lake, I just remembered the general direction. I guess I should had printed the road map. The good part is we could had been more lost than we appeared to be.

Once we got the right road, we finally made it to the lake. It was a very pretty small lake, surrounded by hill and mountain sides. They had a payment fee for entering the lake area. It was privately own. I payed the fee in a envelope that you put in a slot right by the entrance. We drove around the lake, looking for the perfect spot to park and have our picnic. We eventually got to the other side of the lake, and realizing we got to the end of the road. We than turned around and headed back. Not that far from there we found a camp ground spot right by the lake front, and unanimously, we felt it was a good spot.

There I started a fire in order to cook some hot dogs. I had prepared hot dogs, potato salad, and blue corn chips for dinner. It was a wonderful evening, as we roasted our hot dogs, we looked out at the amazing landscape of the mountains, the lake, and the blue sky. After dinner, we went into the water to get our feet wet. The water was pretty cold, but it felt very nice with the warm temperature outside. After we cooled our feet, we sat down on a nice edge side, cuddled up, and just enjoyed the moment together. Soon after, we started to roast some marshmallows for making smores. After the smores we stayed there to enjoy a wonderful sunset. I thought I did pretty good to make it personal and romantic, and I think Tahsha agrees. Soon after the sun setted over the mountains, we headed back to her parents house, ended the night watching a movie with her family. Overall, this was a great time for both of us to feel free from our work, she getting away from her siblings, myself a break from Nana, and most importantly to spend quality time together. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for writing about our date! You did a good job planning it. I enjoyed it! Were you going to say anything about gravity hill? You should write about that too. You were pretty entertained by it.

Jenny said...

Sounds romantic! oh to have a night at the hot springs with my sam! I'll have to work on that:)

Dad said...

Nice Justin! Such the smooth romantic that you are! Thanks for sharing a neat date experience with us!